1. List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO:
Favorite FO is the 3-strand Bubbles Baby Blanket (C) in Lion Pound of Love Pink, White and Yellow that I made for Bubs #3. It worked up fast and easy, even for me, and I actually was able to RWC (read while crocheting).
2. List your works in progress:
Currently, I’m working on a couple of baby sock/slipper patterns and trying out two different baby hat patterns (C) and trying to find a nice slipper pattern for the boys (either C or K).
3. What skeletons are in your knitting basket?
5 skeins of Baby Homespun that I got on sale and have no idea what to do with. I really don’t like Homespun and so I’ve thought about finding a beginner K blanket or afghan pattern, just to use it up so that it stops mocking me every time I open my yarn box.
4. What’s your favorite project?
I taught myself to knit for the sole purpose of making the wicked witch/ruby slipper socks for Bubs #3. I cannot wait to ‘get good’ at purling so that I can make them.
5. What project(s) will you never knit again?
Scratch mittens. I tried two different patterns, but I still hated making them.
6. What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year?
Teaching myself to knit. From a book. And a CD-ROM.
7. What’s your favorite yarn from the last year?
This great WW multi-colored merino/wool blend that was half off when my LYS went out of business… I made some great six-month-sized hats and slippers with it. The boys lost the hank sleeves, so I have no idea what brand it was.
8. What’s your favorite yarn overall?
I lust after Koigu Painter’s Palette, and would love to make an heirloom baby blanket from it, but at $20 a skein and 5 skeins to make the blanket… let’s just say, I could buy a dresser for that.
9. What new knitting techniques have you learned?
Casting on, knitting, purling… you know, the basics.
10. What are your knitting goals for next year?
Even out my stitches, knit myself some Pippi Longstocking knee socks, find a non-gay pattern (C) for men’s slippers, teach myself to knit Continental (speed is good!), find a pattern (K) for some good wool boot socks that DH can wear to work in the winter.